Spread The Word

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
This week I have converted one non-believer into a Mac owner and he took my advice and bought a second hand G3 to try out before buying a new Mac.

I have also convinced another guy at work that his son was right when he said 'macs are better' and have explained to him that you can still open Word files etc.

I also pretty much sold a guy on buying an iPod for his wife.

There are still a lot of people who dont realise that Macs can read the ame files as PC's in terms of Office apps.

I should be getting some tokens or something from Apple, I must have made about £1000 of sales in the last year just from guys at work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I have converted so many of my friends into mac...Not because I am such a freak about apple products or anything. People are tired of monkeying around with their PCs and getting nothing done and are more willing to try something else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
I have been converted from the best there is, Mr Bill Gates, with all those snazzy screen shots of Vista and the WWDC video showing how simular they are,
All those countless hours of good old Bill sending me a blaster worm!

Thanks Bill x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
davetheblaze said:
This week I have converted one non-believer into a Mac owner and he took my advice and bought a second hand G3 to try out before buying a new Mac.

I have also convinced another guy at work that his son was right when he said 'macs are better' and have explained to him that you can still open Word files etc.

I also pretty much sold a guy on buying an iPod for his wife.

There are still a lot of people who dont realise that Macs can read the ame files as PC's in terms of Office apps.

I should be getting some tokens or something from Apple, I must have made about £1000 of sales in the last year just from guys at work.

congrats keep it going !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm always careful about this. The first time someone you have "convinced" to switch has a problem that causes them problems, they are likely to blame you. Even though you will probably help them out, it may still come back and bite you.

Reaction score
i know my dad is already looking at a mac. I switched on Friday and its just from me telling him i love mine.

~Ian

M

MJGUK

baggss said:
I'm always careful about this. The first time someone you have "convinced" to switch has a problem that causes them problems, they are likely to blame you. Even though you will probably help them out, it may still come back and bite you.
Good point.....:p

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
I get asked to fix a load of people problems anyway especially family so Id rather they had a better platform to work from and less chances of things going wrong.
My inlaws bought an iMac G5 and I try to keep that going but I disown anybody who buys a PC as I cant stand them.
But it is a good point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Serial ATA, 256MB Video Ram
Nice, and who was the guy you told about the son being right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
baggss said:

I agree. I'll give people advice if they want, but I'm not going to blindly tell people to get a Mac if its really not for them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.