DVD audio to iTunes

Reaction score
I'm wanting to rip the audio track from a DVD so that I can listen to it through iTunes. I've downloaded a shareware copy of WireTap which will record the audio track as the DVD is playing, but to get it to record in an appropriate format I'll need to register it. I certainly don't mind paying the money if it is the only option, but is there anything else I can use that will do a good job?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Audio Hijack is free and does the same thing.

It's only free for 10 minutes, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Use mactheripper to rip the DVD to your harddrive. Then use FFMpegX to convert the audio track only to whatever format you want it to be.

If needed, use Garageband or Audacity to cut out the bits of audio you don't need.

Price? Free.

Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Use mactheripper to rip the DVD to your harddrive. Then use FFMpegX to convert the audio track only to whatever format you want it to be.

If needed, use Garageband or Audacity to cut out the bits of audio you don't need.

Price? Free.

Will mactheripper maintain the chapter breaks in the dvd? I'm looking to extract the audio off a concert DVD to listen to on my ipod and would like to maintain the chapters as they relate to the individual tracks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yes it should, but FFMpegX will lose them when you convert the audio to wav's, unless you convert each chapter individually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.