• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Need to wipe MS Word totally.

M

moosegoose

I need to totally wipe MS word from my computer and reinstall a fresh copy. Whenever I delete from the apps folder, there are little bits of it left and it conflicts with new installations. How do I get rid of it completely?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Intel Dual Core 13" Macbook, 2gb RAM, 80GB HD, Smartdisk, etc.; 30gb iPod Video
Bump for a good question!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
use spotlight to find the rest type in microsoft office 2004 or try office 2004

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
moosegoose said:
I need to totally wipe MS word from my computer and reinstall a fresh copy. Whenever I delete from the apps folder, there are little bits of it left and it conflicts with new installations. How do I get rid of it completely?

Assuming you have installed "MS office" (which includes word) you have to use the uninstaller that comes with office. You can locate this in the applications under the "microsoft Office" folder.

If you just have word installed, look for an uninstaller. Failing that, you need to do a search aqnd delete everything to do with MS word (be careful!) including the .plist (preferences file.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.