When waking MacBook

OP
O
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure if it's normal as it's my first one. It's 6 days old but when I put it to sleep for a while and I wake it up, it shows my desktop as it should be, then it goes black, then blue, then my desktop again but this time with a different resolution (it's huge), black again, blue, black, normal desktop - this happens a few times (about 3/4 times) and only then I can use it.

Reaction score
When you put it to sleep, do you wait 10 secs or so before closing the top? I've read on this forum were people were having sleep issues but the issue really was that they were putting their macbook to sleep then closing the lid too quickly which isn't the proper way.

OP
O
Reaction score
I've tried different ways - by selecting sleep from the menu and leaving it open and by only closing the lid. It does it in both cases.

I've called Apple Care and they've advised me to return it as it isn't normal and it's still within 14 days from purchase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.