• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

water cooled

D

Dexter1912

On the grape vine i have heard one of the large processor companys im not allowed to name is farly advanced with a water cooled pc processor as in release in the next 2 years or so involeing water filled glass rods......any thougts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
lol...
well its either:
Intel
IBM
Motorola
AMD

from that I can narrow it down
Intel
IBM

(i figure motorola is kinda outa the picture, and AMD isn't big enough)

now considering Apple needs a cooling system for their chip I would put more points on IBM, but intel not far behind.. as they don't yet have a chip worth cooling like that.

OP
H

hokiethang

Dexter1912 said:
im sworn to secrecy i know who it is this is goin on in the uk

if you are sworn to secrecy, why are you posting this on a major message board. And if it is intel or amd, why do we care? If its motorola or IBM, thats cool, but so what, liquid cooling has been around a long time, its not a new technology.

OP
D

Dexter1912

hokiethang said:
if you are sworn to secrecy, why are you posting this on a major message board. And if it is intel or amd, why do we care? If its motorola or IBM, thats cool, but so what, liquid cooling has been around a long time, its not a new technology.
got well bored + its a mangled story

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
its no story, I could pull that outa my ass any time, considering you havn't told us who is doing this or any details on it, you really have done nothing more than make a very educated guess, one which I and I am sure the majority of the rest of us here have already made.

pff, I will make a prediction right now, and call it a story, but not tell you any details on it.

A personal computer containing 4 CPUs will be on the market in 2 years, but I cannot tell you who is doing this.. im not at liberty say more.

lol.

OP
D

Dexter1912

Graphite said:
its no story, I could pull that outa my ass any time, considering you havn't told us who is doing this or any details on it, you really have done nothing more than make a very educated guess, one which I and I am sure the majority of the rest of us here have already made.

pff, I will make a prediction right now, and call it a story, but not tell you any details on it.

A personal computer containing 4 CPUs will be on the market in 2 years, but I cannot tell you who is doing this.. im not at liberty say more.

lol.
Amd the processing i think takes place in small pure water filled glass rods as its resistance is soo low thats i all i can gather from what im told

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.