• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hello, I'm new to macs and here

D

Devikman

Hey Im new and just wanted to introduce myself here. I have never had a MAC before. My friend started to get me into MACs so now on thursday I will be buying a Macbook.

See you guys on the boards

-Devikman

OP
Z

Zen

I'm a student, and I'm also new to Macs looking to buy an Apple notebook. I would use it mainly for wordprocessing (Pages 2 looks like it would do the job), also using it frequently to update my iPod, and to surf the internet. I don't really need power for games, or graphics. However, it's essential that it doesn't crash on me, because I would be using it very often for schoolwork - I can't afford to be sending it in for repairs. I've heard alot of good and bad things about the MacBook. It seems to be the right choice, but I've read alot of bad press about random shutdowns, overheating, mooing noises, etc. Would a Macbook Pro be the way to go?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer me!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.