• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Share Your Customer Support Experiences!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Intel Dual Core 13" Macbook, 2gb RAM, 80GB HD, Smartdisk, etc.; 30gb iPod Video
I've been in the Mac realm for close to a week now, and already I'm loving it (I don't even have my MacBook yet)! This is mainly due to the friendly customer support I've received from Apple, and their helpful online resources including program tutorials. Let me break it down a bit further:

So I called Apple this morning and asked them how long it typically takes for a MacBook of my specs to be configured and shipped, they apologized for the "long" wait time (Apple.com tells me I should receive it the 20th; I ordered it on the 1st), and gave me express shipping FOR FREE! I looked on my invoice, and it was going to cost a significant amount, but the representative took care of it.

Thumbs up, Apple, good show! Anyone else have experiences with Apple's customer support?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Neale said:
I've been in the Mac realm for close to a week now, and already I'm loving it (I don't even have my MacBook yet)! This is mainly due to the friendly customer support I've received from Apple, and their helpful online resources including program tutorials. Let me break it down a bit further:

So I called Apple this morning and asked them how long it typically takes for a MacBook of my specs to be configured and shipped, they apologized for the "long" wait time (Apple.com tells me I should receive it the 20th; I ordered it on the 1st), and gave me express shipping FOR FREE! I looked on my invoice, and it was going to cost a significant amount, but the representative took care of it.

Thumbs up, Apple, good show! Anyone else have experiences with Apple's customer support?

I had a similar shipping experience with Apple when I ordered my MBP. There was an issue of them not being able to ship it to my work so once I got it squared away with the CC company, Apple upgraded me to free over night shipping. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
My customer supoprt has been varied, I've either had an amazing response from them and they've been helpful OR I've phoned them and i've been past around departments with each one not "knowing the full details of my issue"

Like any company, the entire call staff cant be perfect but overall i would say Apples support is much better then other companys :)

~~ TS ~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.