DVD Burning et al

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Intel Dual Core 13" Macbook, 2gb RAM, 80GB HD, Smartdisk, etc.; 30gb iPod Video
I'm currently stuck between two choices:

Roxio Popcorn 2

or

Toast 7 Titanium

I like the fact that Popcorn allows me to backup my non-protected DVDs (if I have any), and export them onto my iPod. However, with JUST Popcorn I won't be able to backup my protected DVDs. Note the third review, they state that with another free program, this is possible. Which program are they speaking of?

I enjoy Toast's myriad features: data spanning, iLife integration, et cetera. It is also mentioned that Toast can backup DVDs, but can it also export it to an iPod or another DVD for backup?

So, the question then becomes "should I get one, the other, or both?" If I do indeed get both, what program would I need to suppliment Popcorn's inability to backup protected DVDs? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
MacTheRipper. Toast 7 basically incorporates Popcorn

OP
Neale
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Intel Dual Core 13" Macbook, 2gb RAM, 80GB HD, Smartdisk, etc.; 30gb iPod Video
trpnmonkey41 said:
MacTheRipper. Toast 7 basically incorporates Popcorn

So I will be able to export DVDs to my iPod with Toast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
yes, they do. you should buy toast and download hand brake.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.