importing photos

H

heymac

Just had a overhaul on my ibook and need to import all my pics back into iphoto. I get a "file type is not recognized" message and nothing happens. If I go to Apps all the albums are there but won't import. ?

Thanks

Reaction score
If you go to apps all the albums are there? Sorry, but I don't see my albums in my apps folder...

I have a notion you didn't properly export the photos in the first place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Hey there Heymac...

I recently had a similar problem with similar error messages.

Give this a try. You might need to rebuild your iPhoto library. It was easy and it worked.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107947

I hope this helped. If not let us know...

good luck

OP
H

heymac

Ok so I tried to do that. After progress was complete another message, repairing photo library. Then a jpg numbered photo text and it never shows any progress. Have to force quit.

digital john said:
Hey there Heymac...

I recently had a similar problem with similar error messages.

Give this a try. You might need to rebuild your iPhoto library. It was easy and it worked.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107947

I hope this helped. If not let us know...

good luck

OP
H

heymac

Also all my music won't play or show up in itunes. Error message says files are unreadable.

heymac said:
Ok so I tried to do that. After progress was complete another message, repairing photo library. Then a jpg numbered photo text and it never shows any progress. Have to force quit.

OP
H

heymac

So I took my ibook back to the tech who had to re-install iphoto and itunes as there was some problem with them both. Now both are working but there are now 3 iphoto libraries. Can I drag 2 of the libraries into the trash and will that remove 2 of the 3 photos or could I loose all of them?
Also I had a limewire file in my itunes but it's gone along with more then 1000 tunes. He said he backed up itunes so where did they go?

Thanks

OP
H

heymac

So can I trash two of the libraries in my iphoto and still have all my pics in the other one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.