Freezing Apps

Reaction score
Just got my 1st MacBook and I love it! It might be due to a lack of knowledge, but I am a little surprised as to why 2 of my applications have frozen in the 2 days I got MacBook.

I was setting up my network connection and twice, the network configuration utility froze - I had to do a force quit.

The MacBook comes with a 30-day trial for Office - Word opened but Excel and the email progrom didn't do anything. I clicked on the icon and nothing happened. Only after I restarted, could I open these?

I know these are small things, but is it normal for applications to freeze?

Reaction score
Not really. How long did you let your network config utility sit? Sometimes the OS will hang if you lose your network connection.

With regard to bad apps, I have seen odd behavior like this before. Normally, it has something to do with a bad Hard Drive or RAM. If this continues, use some of that free Applecare support. Even better, take it to an apple store. You shouldn't be experiencing this type of issue.

And, hey, welcome to Mac! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.