Switcher with printing problems.

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Having been a PC user since the days of the AMSTRAD PC, I have just taken delivery of a beautiful Imac 20" Intel. However I am unable to get it to print properly using my home network.

The network consists of 2 PCs (and new Imac) connected to a Netgear FR114P Router with built in print server with a HP Laserjet 1150 connected via parallel port on it.

I have used printer setup on Imac as follows:- Protocol - LPD, Address - 192.168.0.1 (as used by PCs), Queue - Blank for default.

The Imac knows it is printing to a Laserjet 1300 series printer but, when I print, I get 10 blank pages and two with some text (none of which is the document text). (The PCs print normally as before)

All the computers on the network can see each other, share and access the Internet. I just cannot print from the Imac on the network printer.

Can anyone help? I am at my wits end!

p.s. I have a HP deskjet connected directly to the Imac by USB which was picked up automatically and works perfectly.

Helto

A

Anti-Wack

The same exact thing happens to me. The text on one of the pages that my printer prints out says this:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
&RBINumCopies:1
%%Pages: (atend)
%APL_DSC_Encoding: UTF8
%%Title: (B

I was printing a PDF. This page was the first of 9 or so other completely blank pages my printer spewed out.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi Anti-Wack

My problem appears to be the same as yours. To date I cannot find an answer, so I have connected my Imac to the printer using the unused USB port on the printer. I can now print directly without afffecting the network printing capabilities.

Not an ideal solution, more a work around.

Helto

Reaction score
I found it easier to install my printer on my iMac and access it from my PC, after banging my head with my iMac not 'seeing' my network printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.