• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

sheet music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
Not that I know of, but I write my own tabs and sheet music on Powertab, a free version of Guitar Pro.

But ofcorse since it's mostly tabbing you have to find the notes you want on EADGBe and find which sound you want on the different strings.

OP
A

Anti-Wack

I would think that it would be extremely hard to write a program like that because it would have to recognize not only the frequencies of the notes, but the overtones to determine which instrument is which. And as we all know, not every instrument of the same time sounds exactly the same. If I'm wrong about this frequency stuff, blame my old physics teacher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
Anti-Wack said:
I would think that it would be extremely hard to write a program like that because it would have to recognize not only the frequencies of the notes, but the overtones to determine which instrument is which. And as we all know, not every instrument of the same time sounds exactly the same. If I'm wrong about this frequency stuff, blame my old physics teacher.

Like anything you need to ge tuse to it, but it's easy once you know notes on an instrument like I can tell you G5 and B0 make the same sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Isn't there a program that does this for Windows with MIDI files?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.