iChat Away Messages

U

UncSki1218

Recently in iChat, a bunch of my buddies away messages aren't being displayed even though they are away and have an away message up. A few of my mac friends claim to have the same exact problem. Have any of you had this problem and/or do any of you know how to fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
I use iChat everyday and do not have that problem. What you need to do is hold your mouse over there Sn and the message will appear, are you doing that?

OP
U

UncSki1218

yeah i tried that. it just says their screen name and status but no away message. as of a few weeks ago it was working fine and now im finding out more and more people have this problem...

Reaction score
could be the version of IM they are using (if its AIM). AIM Triton doesn't work as friendly w/ ichat just yet.

OP
U

UncSki1218

could be. but another mac friend of mine has a lot of the same buddies and isnt having this problem. luckily, its with less and less people so it might just be fixing itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.