PowerBook (G4) VS. Macbook for Adobe???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83GHz - 80GB HD - 2GB RAM - WHITE
Hi,

I am curentally using the "OS we do not speak of" and I am looking to buy a mac. I need a laptop and I am going to be doing primarily Adobe Creative Suite programs. I read the following on the adobe web site:

www.adobe.com/products/pdfs/intelmacsupport.pdf

Under the performace section it says that the Powermac processors will out perform the intel based systems.

So should I be looking for a PowerBook here? Its just hard to think that a dual core processor may run slower then a single core G4.

THANKS FOR YOUR INSIGHT!
-Todd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The processor doesn't run slower, it's just that the App will run under Rosetta, which emulates the PPC instruction set on the Intel Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
This is true for the time being as Adobe programs will run slow through Rosetta emulation, however keep in mind when the Universal Binary of Adobe CS is released it will be a different story. :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83GHz - 80GB HD - 2GB RAM - WHITE
Mattlike said:
This is true for the time being as Adobe programs will run slow through Rosetta emulation, however keep in mind when the Universal Binary of Adobe CS is released it will be a different story. :)

Excuse me ignorance, but will that be a patch or will I have to wait for CS3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have yet to see a MacBook or MacBook Pro experience any serious lag or slowdown when running CS2. Lots of people at the school I go to have them and they are still fairly quick. Sometimes palettes or filters take an extra second or two to render, but outside of that there really is little to no difference in the performance from what I can see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
todditami said:
Excuse me ignorance, but will that be a patch or will I have to wait for CS3?

Adobe has said that CS3 will be Universal. CS2 will likely never be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.