PB Mirror Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Hey Everyone,

I'm going to be buying my PB in April....

Just thinking more about it (can't wait :D) and was thinking that since the PB can only get up to an 80 GB HD I wanted to do an external pocket drive(firewire)

Heres my plan: I have an old dell with a 60 Gb 7200 RPM HD connected my network. I want to use that as a drive just to put stuff on(ex. word, excel, powerpoint documents) by saving everything on there.(So i have a nice, clean, fast internal hard drive for my PB. I also wanted to get an external firewire drive for my PB. Heres my main question......

Can I set up my external firewire drive to be a mirror of my Dell's networked drive. I was wondering if it was possilbe to have it "sync" like a PDa with my Dell's drive everytime I connect it..

If this is possible please tell because then i could save everything to my Dell's networked drive....keep my PB's internal drive clean, and fast......and whenever im going somewhere i just connect my external drive to my PB, have it sync (which means the can take my pb anywhere and have all my files with me.

Thanks

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
by the way

by the way......

I know that "sync"ing a 60 GB HD would take a long time so ....

I was also wondering if it was possible to set it to sync only a particular folder on the Dell's networked drive

just to reduce sync times....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.