Latest version of Explorer for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
PapaNoHair said:
What is the latest version of Explorer for Mac?
There really isn't one, the last one was 5.2 I believe. Microsoft ceased development for IE on Mac almost 4 years ago. I would suggest using Safari or Firefox. IE on Mac was never much good anyway. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
It is version 5, but it is no longer available for download from Mactopia.com. You can try getting it from www.versiontracker.com

I can't get you a direct link because I'm at work (boourns to proxies)

EDIT: gah you beat me to it!

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
There really isn't one, the last one was 5.2 I believe. Microsoft ceased development for IE on Mac almost 4 years ago. I would suggest using Safari or Firefox. IE on Mac was never much good anyway. :black:

Appreciate that thanks. With past OS's I have used Opera but since switching to Mac I wanted to give everything a try. Have been using Explorer (already on the computer), Safari and Opera.

T

todd51

Yea, don't use IE on Macs...your much better off sticking with Safari, Firefox, or Camino. I prefer Camino becuase it just seems to load pages faster than the other two.

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
todd51 said:
Yea, don't use IE on Macs...your much better off sticking with Safari, Firefox, or Camino. I prefer Camino becuase it just seems to load pages faster than the other two.

Never head of Camino. Is that native to Mac?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes, Camino is Native to Mac OSX. It uses the same Geko engine that Firefox uses but looks and works more like OSX. Has some features all it's own also. I like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Camino is really neat.
It loads pages real fast.
Uses less memory.
However it is not as stable as Safari or Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Camino is a really nice browser.. I've also noticed that it takes up less ram than Safari does.. I also like it because it kind of looks like Mail; very simple.

A

Anti-Wack

todd51 said:

Don't use IE on anything. IE sucks. It's all about Firefox.

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
punkr0x0r said:
Camino is a really nice browser.. I've also noticed that it takes up less ram than Safari does.. I also like it because it kind of looks like Mail; very simple.

I just downloaded it - only had a few minutes to play with it. Was amazed at its speed - I had always thought Opera was the fastest. What amazed me even more was that it actually imported some of Operas bookmarks. I don't know of any other browser that does that. Will try it out the next days. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.