• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

what do i need?

Reaction score
ok, so, after having my mac (my first) for about a week now, I have found out (actually after just a few hours) that mac is really good. But, my boss says to me " you can take your machine with you (like take it home with me) when you learn to use it properly" by that i think he means, that I must have the same skills with fixing the problems on my mac that i have when fixing problems /trying to fix´em on my windows machine...

Does anyone have a link to some learning material? or do i have to buy a book? i´m running tiger btw..

-thondal-

Reaction score
thondal said:
ok, so, after having my mac (my first) for about a week now, I have found out (actually after just a few hours) that mac is really good. But, my boss says to me " you can take your machine with you (like take it home with me) when you learn to use it properly" by that i think he means, that I must have the same skills with fixing the problems on my mac that i have when fixing problems /trying to fix´em on my windows machine...

Does anyone have a link to some learning material? or do i have to buy a book? i´m running tiger btw..

-thondal-

Hi thondal,

These links take you to a couple of pages at Apples official site.

Tiger

Apple Support

Switch from PC to Mac

Good luck with it :miner:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Remind your boss that you probably wont have the same number of problems with a Mac as a PC so you can take it home right away.

OP
T
Reaction score
lol... well, my job is to be a computer adminstrator, so if anything happens on the mac while i´m at home, i have to be able to fix it and stuff... don´t really know what he means though :p

but i guess he is fully aware of the problems that might or might not accur while using a mac, since he´s been using mac since 1970´s or something like that...

thanx for the links, i will look into them right away ;)

-thondal-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.