Writing Chinese characters

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.6 C2D, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
I just got my mac book and I'm trying to find away to install the chinese language packs for I can type chinese characters. I have them for my PC but I do not see any for my mac.

Help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Everything you need to type different languages' characters is already built into the Mac OS. Just open System Preferences, click international, then choose the Input Menu tab. Select the languages you want and if a little flag doesn't appear in your menu bar automatically choose "show input in menu bar." Also make sure the keyboard viewer box is checked. Now from the flag menu choose the language you want to type in, and turn on the keyboard viewer. (or if you know the layout of the keyboard you can just type on the MacBook's keyboard.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.6 C2D, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Benjamindaines said:
Everything you need to type different languages' characters is already built into the Mac OS. Just open System Preferences, click international, then choose the Input Menu tab. Select the languages you want and if a little flag doesn't appear in your menu bar automatically choose "show input in menu bar." Also make sure the keyboard viewer box is checked. Now from the flag menu choose the language you want to type in, and turn on the keyboard viewer. (or if you know the layout of the keyboard you can just type on the MacBook's keyboard.

Thanks so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.