Question about Parental Controls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 1gig ram
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with any third party applications for parental control. I use symantics internet security on my windows pc and would like something similiar for the mac. I found a few on this website listing but do not know much about them. Any advice is much appreciated.

http://www.pure-mac.com/censor.html

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Norton Internet Security is available for the Mac. But don't be surprised if it behaves like the PC version (that is, reduces the overall stability of your system.) I'd suggest you install only the components you need. Use the OS X firewall, and think twice before you use the privacy-control or antivirus components.

Safari can be set (on a per-account basis) to allow access only to bookmarked sites (ie, a "whitelist".)

Other than that, I'd suggest you check the user reviews on VersionTracker for the products on the page you linked.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 1gig ram
well, It looks like SafeEyes and KidsGoGoGo are the 2 top programs. Noorton no longer supports MAC. Anyone have any experience with either of these programs?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
thebear8me said:
well, It looks like SafeEyes and KidsGoGoGo are the 2 top programs. Noorton no longer supports MAC. Anyone have any experience with either of these programs?

Thanks.
Any of those applications are going to cause you more problems than solutions, in my opinion. The suggestion from technologist is your best option if you ask me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.