So i got a Mac question!

Reaction score
So i was in the market for a Macbook.

Alot of people have been saying buy the ram and the hard drive seperate if you wanna save money on the upgrade? Have many people done this? Anyone save a good chunk of change, and get the same quality or better? Thanks for all the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
It's a general rule of thumb to buy the upgrade elsewhere. Mainly because apple charges way more to put it in that it's worth, especially when you can do it yourself for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I bought RAM and installed it myself. It works perfectly. It runs at the advertised speed and no kernel panics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
Buy the RAM upgrade separately, yes. However, I would not buy the hard drive upgrade separately. If you want an larger HD, get it when you order, or else get an external.

OP
T
Reaction score
awesome you guys are great anyone have any links to good ram for a macbook?

Thanks again!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
definately check out newegg.com. i bought two one gigs for 168 including ship. you could go a little cheaper for slower speeds but i would rather have the speed. plus theres a 120gb samsung drive there for 119.98 shipped. great prices at newegg.com, check it out!

T

tuna

If you wanted upgraded memory, I strongly suggest saving the cash on the upgrade and putting it towards an external.

just my $.02 :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a walkthrough on how to do the installation of ram and harddrive with pictures for the macbook/mbp?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.