• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

good hard techno with bass

W

washablemarker

can anyone recommend some good hard techno mixes or albums, with lots of bass?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
DJ tomcraft - overdose

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I wish I could help, but I only do Industrial/EBM/FuturePop. :(

OP
W

washablemarker

i have no idea... wait, isn't happy hardcore more like rock... anyway, i want something that goes bump... you know...

OP
T

tuna

if you like breaks: BASSNECTAR[second album](my highest reccomendation)
if you like techno/bass: BT hands down
if you like trance: I would do bassnectars first album

check out his website! www.bassnectar.net

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
DJ TIESTO Mix of trance, house and techno. YOu can find some cool clips on youtube.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
I am a techno fanatic so here we go...

Progressive Hardhouse/techno: DJ Irene or any of the HardHouse compilations

Breaks/Beats: The Prodigy, The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Propellarheads, Leftfield, Orbital

Hardcare: Sy & Unknown, Scott Brown (get Hardwired, it rocks), 3 Steps Ahead, Force & Styles, Ethos/Kaos

Drum and Bass/DnB: Dieselboy, DJ Dara, Gridlock, Total Science, Orion, any This Is DnB compilations

Hard Techno: Warp Brothers, Voodoo & Serano, Public Domain, Andy Hunter, Overseer, DJ Digress, DJ Mellow-D, Sunbeam, Talla 2xlc, Junkie XL, Keoki, Plastic Boy, The Potatoeheads

Trance: Tiesto, ATB, Ferry Corsten, Markus Schulz, Fragma, BT, 4 Strings, Armand Van Helden, Armin Van Buuren, Blank and Jones, Cosmic Gate, Daft Punk (tech/trance), Darude

Chill: DJ Zephyr, Massive Attack, Underworld, Royksopp, Fischerspooner, Chill Anthems, Banco de Gaia, Faithless, The Flunk, Groove Armada, Ladytron, Thievery Corp., Moby

Tripno: Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen

Recommended Albums: Hardwired (Scott Brown), Fat of the Land (Prodigy), Warp Factor (Warp Brothers), Cold Blood (Voodoo and Serano), Phonosynthesis (DJ Irene)... start with those for hard good stuff, and let me know if you want more!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Mmmmmm Darude <333

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
washablemarker said:
i have no idea... wait, isn't happy hardcore more like rock... anyway, i want something that goes bump... you know...

and just to clerify, no, happy hardcore is not rock at all, it is compilation of techno/trance that has been progressively mixed and is normally rated at 180bpm

want to hear some of the techno i have mixed and made?- http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=505158&T=3957

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
Techno and bass, dont really go to together.... ? or never have that i recalled, if you wanted more bass, you went to the house side of things, or hardcore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
Mathiau said:
Techno and bass, dont really go to together.... ? or never have that i recalled, if you wanted more bass, you went to the house side of things, or hardcore

This isn't true at all, as a producer of music and a DJ i use Bass slides in all my work, whether it's deep and hard, or heavy and chilled, there is plenty of bass to go around with techno. You do have it right that house has a lot more, but it depends on the style you choose for techno. Hardtech, and Rave usually blend some good basslines into their mixes, but you should really listen to my two recommended songs : warp factor by warp brothers, and blood is pumpin by voodoo and serano. Find them somewhere or see if you can listen to clips... also, techno is a build-up genre, meaning that the song starts softer sometimes, and builds to a climax to break down. Many people listen to the first 30 seconds and blow past each track.
On a basic level, the most bass will either come from hip-hop, hardhouse, rap, or BASS music (unless you're AFI's new opening song, then we can throw rock in as well :black: )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
^^ thanks for the update, i have never really been into techno, i was big into house about 8- 9 years ago, back when house was good, and there wasnt 15 billion types of house, back then Techno was the wanna be house, but had no bass in it, was nothing but mids and high's mostly.

OP
T

tuna

If you want to try out some electronic music before you buy it,, I strongly suggest www.pandora.com it has a WIDE variety of all previous genres listed in this thread.

its completely free, I use it about every day.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Can someone give me an "Oh, wow."? I'm impressed Kuturagi. I'm a hardcore trance fan, progressive trance at best.

I'd say DJ Tiësto too. I personally like Forever Today by DJ Tiësto.

OP
W

washablemarker

oh man, i finally got my broadband back... woohoo... i havent checked out of your guys' suggestions, but i will soon... thanks a lot... yea, i like tiesto too...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.