• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Snakes on a Plane

Reaction score
Anyone see it? If so, what did you think of it? Overall, I thought it was a good movie, but I don't know, I laughed at a lot of it... I don't know if that was the point, but most of the people in the theater were :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
I just got home from it.

It was... not good. But, if you go with your expectations low, you aren't disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
"Snakes on a Train" was just plain horrible. This one couldn't be much better, even with Samuel L. Jackson.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
That movie looks just plain bad to me. I can't believe Samuel L. Jackson actually took part in this movie.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you look at Jackson career, it appears that he does not turn anything down. I would say that he is the hardest working actor. He is in almost everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I had heard from someone, not sure if it's true or not, that during filming, the movie was being made as a serious movie, but during editing they realized how outrageous the storyline was that they tried to push a comedy angle. Not something I'm running to go see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I thought it was quite good actually, I guess that as it was a 15+ meant there was no annoying toddlers crying (happens in most movies :( ).

Anyway the whole audience got into it, the so called horror parts had everyone nervous while the comedy parts had the laugh out loud effect. It was probably a mix of the atmosphere in the cinema and the fact it was hilarious at points.

Worth watching definetly better than most of the other movies released this year, and much more humourous than Pirates of the Caribean2. Though that might be because SOAP caters for a more mature age group while the humour in PoTC2 had rather juvenile humour :(.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Best. Movie. Ever.

When a guy gets his penile instrument bitten by a snake and he says "Get the off of my, snake!" then you know it's a good movie.

...yes, that's really in the movie.

I'm also a fan of Army of Darkness and Kung Pow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
surfwax95 said:
Best. Movie. Ever.

When a guy gets his penile instrument bitten by a snake and he says "Get the off of my, snake!" then you know it's a good movie.

...yes, that's really in the movie.

I'm also a fan of Army of Darkness and Kung Pow.

Exactly. It was one of the best, worst movies I have ever seen! Samuel L. knew what kind of movie it was going to be and figured it was going to be a movie with cult status, which I am sure it will be. :black:

OP
SilverEagle5
Reaction score
I heard "Snakes on a Plane" was just a working title, but Samuel L. Jackson threated to quit if they changed the name... Heard it from a few different people. I agree with the "best, worst movies I have ever seen".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
From what i've read on the net, its going to be a cult classic.

Reaction score
Mattlike said:
Exactly. It was one of the best, worst movies I have ever seen! Samuel L. knew what kind of movie it was going to be and figured it was going to be a movie with cult status, which I am sure it will be. :black:

The more I hear things like "best, worst movie" the more I'm interested in seeing this movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
don't waste your money

Reaction score
I'll wait for it to be released on DVD or as a TV movie....might not have long to wait either....lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I got paid to go see it by my work. We had employee appreciation day with a movie and lunch at a nice restaurant. The movie stunk but I liked being paid to see it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
you couldn't pay me to see it.

T

tuna

my girlfriend started crying and we had to walk out.

I don't think she likes snakes.

:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
bearspostercc1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.