• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Concerts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
I saw 311 last night, they put on a good show but im still not 100% a fan of them. went more or less to chill with my buddies have a good tailgate and then listen to some music in our lawn seats. well turned out i was the only one with a lawn seat, so i squeezed and climbed and ran away from people until i ended up in the 2nd row of the place instead of like 8 miles away on the lawn!!!! the best part of the entire thing is the bouncer dude who was standing up front was kicking out people for having lawn seats and i was standing right in front of him the entire time!

list recent concerts and experiences

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
The last concert I went to was Nine Inch Nails last November. The show was unreal. I've been a fan for a long time, but I'd never seen them live. Trent Reznor has such an amazing stage presense, I was in awe. They put on a great show and they played all the old songs I wanted to hear. One of the guys I went with was a tool and I almost got into a fight with him after the show, but oh well. It was still an awesome show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
The last big concert I went to was Radiohead in Houston - absolutely amazing. I've got tickets for Tool in September in San Antonio. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
deus_ex_machina said:
The last big concert I went to was Radiohead in Houston - absolutely amazing. I've got tickets for Tool in September in San Antonio. :D

tool should be a really good show!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Graphite said:
tool should be a really good show!

You gotta go - they only put out an album every five years! ...and they're good, too. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
deus_ex_machina said:
You gotta go - they only put out an album every five years! ...and they're good, too. ;)

yeah! Every album from their first to last is great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Last two shows I have been two here in the states were Front Line Assembly and Ministry which were both awesome. Last year I saw Nine Inch Nails at the Hollywood Bowl which was simply awesome. Also the Bauhaus show I went to last October was one of the most amazing shows I have ever been to.

I am going to see TOOL on September 7th and KMFDM twice in October. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I was supposed to go see my favorite band ever, Modest Mouse on the 8th of this month but they cancelled to finish they're new album. I was mad because I know it is going to suck too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I saw two guys playing samba at the Panela Chopperia (Sao Carlos, BR) on friday night. I don't know their names though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
I JUST saw the Allman Brothers Band and Tom Petty (separate sets) a few days ago, that was awesome. The Allman Brothers, honestly, wasn't too impressive, but Tom Petty rocked! I would definately say that was worth the money.

I'm also going to see the Who this September.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
saw the black crowes with robert randolph and the family band at jones beach. Saw Josh Ritter a few weeks ago in NYC. Saw Dropkick Murphys in Boston on St Patty's day which was a blast

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I saw Foreigner (GREAT show) and The All America Rejects (crappy show, GREAT Mosh pit) about 2 weeks ago. Going to go see Asia in September and Jimmy Buffett whenever he comes to LA this year...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
trpnmonkey41 said:
Saw Dropkick Murphys in Boston on St Patty's day which was a blast

I'll bet, they put on a great show :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G3, intel 1.83 imac, 4th gen 20 gb ipod
Aww man 311 puts on a great show. I've seen them 4 times and they always get better. The last concert I saw was Down up in Scotland. It was a great night since I hadn't seen a good concert in forever.

Reaction score
the best band i've seen live is green day

i've went to ... like 8 or 9 GD shows

um... lemme think
moby was okay. outkast sucked. Black eye'd peas sucked. Rage was pretty good. wutang was confusing. no doubt was pretty impressive actually. weezer was solid. social distortion was awesome.
OH! sponge. RAWKED. Harvey danger was good but the crowd didn't care, so they didn't do an encore and i was bummed. deftones were good.

blink got better each time i saw them.
new found glory has been terrible every time.
mighty mighty bosstones were good. but i had to leave halfway through to get to the greenday stage.

i've seen other bands. and they were *that* memorable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
blink, as in blink-182? UGH!!!!

I saw arctic monkeys and we are scientists at the warfield (San Fran) in late may, and THEY WERE AWESOME!!!!!!! arctic monkeys is one of the best bands i've seen live ever!!!

I saw the red hot chili peppers yesterday, and they were okay..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
eekamouse makes it out to cape cod once a year, but not this year, they put on a trippy show. My friend got invited onto their bus, and was offered "tea" he was tripping for like hours after.

P.S. anyone old enough to have gone to a nirvana concert?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
macAttack said:
eekamouse makes it out to cape cod once a year, but not this year, they put on a trippy show. My friend got invited onto their bus, and was offered "tea" he was tripping for like hours after.

P.S. anyone old enough to have gone to a nirvana concert?

Yes I am, however I always liked Alice In Chains most out of all those 'grunge' bands and never really put much effort into seeing Nirvana live. :yinyang:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.