• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Quick question regarding Camino

T

todd51

Ok, well so far this is my favorite web browser because of the sure simplicity, seems fast for me, and doesn't take up much resources as others tend to do.

The one annoyance I have with it right now is that underneath all the preferences, I can't seem to figure out how to make it so that everytime I click a link in a page it opens the link automatically in a new tab, instead of a new window. I'm tired of holding down the command key just to get it to open in a new tab. Is there away from holding down the Command key and setting it so that it automatically opens in a new tab instead of window??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Here is the configuration. The Tabs Tab. That one option should open links in a new Tab.

Edit: click that option then you have to hold the Apple/Command key and click and it opens in a new Tab. Just tried it.

tab.jpg

OP
T

todd51

Hmm, that configuration doesn't work for me. Every time I still click a link, it still opens it in a new window.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
todd51 said:
Hmm, that configuration doesn't work for me. Every time I still click a link, it still opens it in a new window.

Edit: click that option then you have to hold the Apple/Command key and click and it opens in a new Tab. Just tried it.

in other words when you click a link hold down the Apple key then click.

OP
T

todd51

Oh, yea I knew that, I just wish there was a way so that you DIDN'T have to hold the Apple/Command key. I would just like to be able to click on a link and have it automatically open it in a new tab.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah same here. I guess for now that is the only way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
This is one of the main reasons I use Firefox. There are skins that can make Firefox look more "Mac-like" too.

Reaction score
Get camitools. There is an option to force all links to a new tab. I still get a stray new window but only very, very rarely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.