Some Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.00 GHz
Well I just got my MacBook...well recently anyway. Specs in sig. Anyway, I noticed that some problems run slow, such as iTunes. It takes a good minute for it to launch, and then another minute for it to run correctly. Should I reinstall it? This also happens some other times...just running simple programs. Also, I can't seem to connect to the wireless internet in my house. This just started today. Usually it'll detect it automatically when I turn it on. Any advice as to what I should do? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Did you install other programs, utilities, or plug-ins before it started getting slow?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.00 GHz
The only program I've installed since I got it was Opera, and that was on the first day I got it. Well, I also transferred all my music from my PC. 14 gb worth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Try repairing your permissions.

MAC HD>APPLICATIONS>UTILITIES>DISK UTILITY> REPAIR PERMISSIONS

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.00 GHz
I did that and it corrected a few minor things, iTunes still runs sluggishly though. So far this is the only program that does this. It's weird that it started out of nowhere.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.00 GHz
Another odd thing is that the battery under the laptop seems to have moved slightly, probably from weight coming from the top of the laptop from hands? It's probably nothing big though, since the difference is very slight, not even 1mm I believe.

Reaction score
Are there any music-related apps running in the background (like synergy, or the dashboard itunes controller). Try quitting all apps, and starting itunes.

Can you measure the start time on itunes and tell us?

You ask whether to install it again, did you install it in the first lace or was it isntalled already?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.00 GHz
Everything came installed. I never did any kind of re-installations or anthing.

And it takes about 35 seconds. I know I said a minute before but I guess i exaggerated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.