• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Shipping MacPros to Tropical Islands!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Graphite, I searched for but could not find my original question to you about this - so I haven't seen your response!

Nice system you have there - how did you get it shipped to a tropical island so fast? :p

Yup, I am jealous... or I would be if I didn't think it was a joke!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
graphite wishes he had a mac pro....i don't even think anyone knows his real computer, i found it out, but only after searching....if you really want to know what it is search.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I think that the REAL computer to want is not today's Mac Pro, but the 2nd generation of Mac Pro. The Mac Pro is not that much faster than the current Power Mac G5. What we really want is the NEXT Mac Pro, perhaps late 2007 or so. Until then, I will enjoy my Power Mac G5!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
S

Sydrocentric

Yea, it's real cool that you hide your computer type from us. It's prolly an xpBox!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Oh didn't you know? Graphite is running the Dell box that Steve was ragging on during the keynote...

He's got LED's in there and everything!

S

Sydrocentric

I found it..

..but I didn't get the specs or anything, although, I know what kinds you have now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I got sick of California and just moved to a Tropical Island right next to Island where Graphite lives. To celebrate, I bought 2 new Mac Pros, the first with the dual Dual Core 2.66Ghz and 16GB RAM with 4 Video Cards and 4 30" Apple Displays, and a 2nd 2.66 that only has 8GB Ram and 2 Video cards and 2 30" Displays. Both have 2TB of Hard Drive storage also. I will have to see if I can network with Graphite over on that other Tropical Island!! He really does have that system in his Sig!!

:spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.