Why Does Adobe Bridge Take SO Long to Launch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Why does Adobe Bridge take SO long to launch? I have a new 2.3 GHz dual core Power Mac G5. On this machine, Photoshop CS2 takes 4 "bouncemarks" to launch. When I select File->Browse, which launches Adobe Bridge, it takes in excess of 8 bouncemarks to launch - MORE than Photoshop itself!

What the heck is Bridge doing that takes THAT long to launch? Does anyone know? Any hints on how to minimize this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I don't know what it's doing but what ever it is it can't be sped up. It takes just as long with 5GB of memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
it is just poorly coded likely, bridge on my PC sucks up ram like no tomorrow, i had to kill the process that starts with windows as it was up to 200mb alone with out me even starting any adobe apps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
adobe bridge is slow on my dual 2.7ghz powermac with 2.5 gigs of ram...i believe it is an issue on adobes' side

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I may be wrong, however I think it is looking at everything on your hard drive and setting up previews for whatever file you have it set to open into...ie everything on your desktop if that is what it opens up to. I have 6.5 GB RAM on a powermac and it opens kind of slow.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
OK, good to know. I was starting to wonder if I had a bug in mine. I guess everyone has this issue. Bridge is a step down from CS's file browser frankly. It is sad when software is downgraded in a new release!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram
I had a problem with CS1 where the first attempt to open or save in any of the Adobe applications would take ages. Turned out to be a corrupt font which was slowing my whole system down. Could this be why Bridge takes so long?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Most Adobe applications take some time to load. Unfortunately, this is the way it has always been, regardless of what system you are running. Counting "bounces" really isn't a good way to gague startup time, nor is it very accurate. My PowerBook with 2 GB of RAM takes a different number of "bounces" each time I open something in the CS2 suite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.