Printer sharing

Reaction score
I have searched the forum for a simple explanation of this problem. Previously, I was able to print from this iMac via a Windows network. Now I get the following message: CONNECTION FAILED WITH SERVER
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
I am confused. Clearly I have done something that I shouldn't have and some setting is wrong. In straightforward language, could some kind soul please lead me gently by the hand and direct me to a possible cause? Thanks M.
I have attached a pic of the subsequent message that appears..... :dummy:

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Mitcherooney said:
I have searched the forum for a simple explanation of this problem. Previously, I was able to print from this iMac via a Windows network. Now I get the following message: CONNECTION FAILED WITH SERVER
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
I am confused. Clearly I have done something that I shouldn't have and some setting is wrong. In straightforward language, could some kind soul please lead me gently by the hand and direct me to a possible cause? Thanks M.
I have attached a pic of the subsequent message that appears..... :dummy:
Samba is the network protocol used between your Mac and your PC to communicate. As best I can guess there is an error in translation, or maybe the two aren't connected. Make sure all your network settings are correct. If file sharing is down also then you know where the problem lies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Have you recently changes usernames or passwords on either computer, Mac or PC? For some reason the Windows computer isn't recognizing the user/password of your Mac. Try this: Create a computer account on the windows PC with the exact same username and password you use to login to your Mac.

One big windows flaw is authentication. In a peer to peer network (meaning no server is present) anyone using the same name on two different computers will automatically get the same permissions on the other computer. For example: If two people log on to two seperate computers as administrator with no password and one computer shares a folder or file the user who is trying to access the share will have all administrative privleges. This may work with a Mac to PC setup as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.