E-mail?

J

jcook222

Hello all. This my first post here so please forgive me if I should have known better that to even ask this question here.

I have an E-Mac that I have used for the last few years and I like it but there are times that I simply get lost and can’t figure out how proceed.

I started out using earthlink’s dial-up using MAC’s program and then went to Comcast high speed. I used Comcast’s email and never used the email program provided by MAC OS X 10.4.7. I just switched to Qwest’s DSL. It seems as fast as Comcast but Qwest does not provide email. I signed up with Inbox’s email but can’t figure out how to make it operate with MAC’s email program. Should I try using a different email or is there some basic help I am missing?

While I have used my computer for some time and I am very good at surfing and using features I am not really very technically savvy.

Is the free AOL email worth trying? I have read that AO’s program will corrupt MACs?

Thanks,

Jim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Is it POP3 or IMAP?

Edit: God. NO AOL!!! get a Gmail ir a hotmail or ANYTHING but AOL.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can you give me a URL to inbox's email? Never heard of it. I can probably help you set it up as long as it's POP or IMAP. Google Mail is great and you can use it both on the web and in Apples Mail.

Don't go with anything AOL! Please!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would even invite you to gmail if you promise not to use AOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try this:

To enable POP3/SMTP access to your Inbox.com email account, follow these steps:

Select the "Settings" tab.

Select the "POP3 Access" tab.

Click on the "how to activate POP3 access" link.

Click on the "Activate POP3/SMTP Access" button.

If you want to download also sent emails, select the "Allow POP3 access to emails in "Sent mail" folder" checkbox.

If you want to download also spam, select the "Allow POP3 access to emails in Spam folder" checkbox.

If you want to download also emails older than POP3 access activation, select the "Allow POP3 access to older than POP3 access activation" checkbox.

Click on the "Save Settings" button to make the change take effect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.