Can't Install Program

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why whenever I try to install a program it just opens up photoshop and says that it's not the right kind of document.

Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What program are you trying to install? What is the extension on the filename of the program?

Also what version of OSX are you using?

Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
What program are you trying to install? What is the extension on the filename of the program?

Also what version of OSX are you using?

i've had this happen with 'window shades' and a few others. is it the update that made them not work or is it that the intel macs changed stuff and the dev's haven't caught up yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
You need StuffIt Expander.

Reaction score
.sit is the format used for Archives in Mac made with a program called Stuffit. For some reason, photoshop thinks it can open .sit files, maybe there even ARE files for photoshop that end in .sit .

But friend, where did you get this .sit with InDesign in it? Be careful, piracy is a crime.

cheers
yogi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.