Trade/swap for Powerbook?

K

KipsDad

Hey all,

Got my MacBook because I thought that going back and forth between windows and OSX would be great... but I found that I don't do that. I don't even have windows installed on the system.

So, I am considering trading my MacBook for a G4 PowerBook... if I can find anyone to swap with ;-) Would what everyone say about that? I mean, as far as I understand, Universal apps are good on both. They will still, very much, be supporting the older Mac architechture for quite some time...

All I really do is browse the web, organize pictures, work with GarageBand, use Itunes... that REALLY is about it. If I could get something that is a bit more... robust, that would be great.

Thoughts?

OP
D

drinkmilk15

why would you want to trade a ~1200 dollar computer for one you can get on ebay for about 5-700?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you are looking for something more robust, you keep what you have. It appears that you are planning on trading down.

OP
D

drinkmilk15

agreed. i'm sure my roommate would trade you his 12" G4 though if you really want to. i'm sure he wouldn't mind having a new macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I wouldn't mind trading, lol.
You would have to wait though, I am sending mine back to get the motherboard replaced, due to a memory problem, I have been working like thta for over a year because I had no time where I could live with out it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Does it have to be a powerbook. Sounds like you dont need much power. I have an ibook with 2 years of apple care left. Specs in profile. Its the latest 14 inch!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.