Finally Posting From My New Macbook

A

Annie

For those of you that know of the problems I have been having with my wireless connection well I am posting from my macbook right now. I got a Belkin and it was SO much better than the Linksys I had. It came right up and has been up for 30 minutes now. It was very easy to set up ad took me less than 30 minutes. Now to start having real fun with this macbook! So glad I switched. :)

Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
kewl. my mom used a belkin for her imac g3, we had to use a third party driver it works just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Congrats Annie :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 1.83ghz MBP/ 1.5gbRAM/ 250gb ext hdd/ 19" external display/ MX Laser mouse/ Sony w810 cell/
Annie, for the benifit of all who would like to know, please tell them how easy it was to setup the Belkin router. Please just give a quick overview of what went down and let us know how its working.

Congrats on getting it up and running.
Bishop

OP
A

Annie

No problem Bishop

They had a poster that showed every connection in order. They had perfect instructions very, very easy to understand. I put in the setup CD first then went by the screens. They were actually animated telling you what you need to do! It took me all of 15 minutes to get it set up and it has worked perfect ever since. My Linksys was already messing up at this point - it kept dropping me off/on but this router has been on from the minute I hooked it up. If this is not enough to show how easy it was let me know and I'll add more! I want to shout to the world to GET A BELKIN! I did extensive research on routers and found the Belkin to be praised on every site I went on. If someone couldn't set this one up then well, I'll be nice! LOL

Annie :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
About time Annie ;) ps: nice avatar!

OP
R

Rob

Annie said:
For those of you that know of the problems I have been having with my wireless connection well I am posting from my macbook right now. I got a Belkin and it was SO much better than the Linksys I had. It came right up and has been up for 30 minutes now. It was very easy to set up ad took me less than 30 minutes. Now to start having real fun with this macbook! So glad I switched. :)

Annie
Really? I have had 0 issues with my linksys.

Anyway, glad you got it up and running. :)

OP
A

Annie

Hey Rob - I really do think my Linksys was just a bad one - must have had something wrong with it. I wasn't exactly sure tho so went with Belkin. Didn't want to take a chance on another Linksys not working but again I'm sure they are great and I just happened to get a lemon. My Belkin is still up and running with no drop offs yet so I'm happy! I do thank you and everyone else for all your help in helping me get everything set up. I am now having having a great time just learning everything which I am doing by just playing around with it - much fun!
Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.1 GHZ
Glad things worked out for you; my MBP has been working like a charm since I got rid of that Linksys as well =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.