Spankingly new MacBook Pro!

MJC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15.4", 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD
Hello! this is my first post on here, although i have been reading these forums for just over a week now, and they're ace!

So, a couple of days ago i recieved a brand spanking new MacBook Pro (see profile specs) from the online UK Apple Store. I have used Windows based PC's for years now, but decided to make the switch and get me a Mac for University this year! I am studying Graphic Arts, and decided that as the Uni use Mac's, then i should get one and get started early!

OSX is AMAZING! so easy to use, and i have found the change so far to be quite easy, although i still find myself going to the top right of a window to 'x it off', haha!

I'm not actually on the internet on the Mac yet, as i need to get all the cables and stuff, and i will be using internet in my halls and in uni in Sept.

So, i just thought i would post and express my excitement and positive thoughts and energies on my new 'tool'!

Thanks, i look forward to posting and reading these forums in the future!

MJC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.1 GHZ
Congrats on your first Mac! Good to have you on board =)

OP
MJC

MJC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks!

lionel - LJMU

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Welcome to Mac Forums and to the world of the Mac and OSX.

I too sometimes still after years sometimes when I am in a hurry still try to click the x on the right hand side instead of the left. Windows is part of my job so I have to work with it still. If I never had to use Windows again I don't think I would ever click the oposite side. :spook:

Anyway, if we can ever be of help to you, please ask.

Enjoy that new Mac!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Congrats! Hopefully your machine will serve you well.

Be sure to check out the search function of the boards. Chances are most questions you might have are discussed regularly and tons of information is available for you :headphone

OP
MJC

MJC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks 'dtravis7' and 'NikBhat' - i will enjoy, and i will search ;)

mjc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.