Just switched to an iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 1GB RAM
My iMac 20 just arrived today!!!!! The screen is HUGE!!! Now for some early observations.

1. It does run right out of the box after a couple of setup screens. However, it instantly said I needed to update the software and firmware. These files ranged in size from 1MB to 212MB. :eek: I had to restart twice for it to complete the update (based on the screen prompts). Not a big issue, but it took a while.

2. I have a lot to learn and tons of questions. I hope this forum is ready. :)

3. Did I mention the screen is huge?

I can honestly say I have come full circle. My first real computer was an Apple IIe that my parents bought for $1500 when I was in junior high school (a long, LONG, time ago). I was one of those who felt betrayed when Apple abandoned the Apple II for the Mac (I know better now). After many years using PC's (with good and bad results) I am now officially a Mac user.

I'll check back in later, I have 2000 photos to go through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Congrats on your new purchase. I am actually on a 20" iMac right now. The screen doesn't look as big in the store and then when you put it on your desk it just blows you away. I have had my iMac for almost 2 years and have not had one problem with it and I plan on using it for much longer.

Enjoy your new computer
john

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
benorubin said:
My iMac 20 just arrived today!!!!! The screen is HUGE!!! Now for some early observations.

1. It does run right out of the box after a couple of setup screens. However, it instantly said I needed to update the software and firmware. These files ranged in size from 1MB to 212MB. :eek: I had to restart twice for it to complete the update (based on the screen prompts). Not a big issue, but it took a while.

2. I have a lot to learn and tons of questions. I hope this forum is ready. :)

3. Did I mention the screen is huge?

I can honestly say I have come full circle. My first real computer was an Apple IIe that my parents bought for $1500 when I was in junior high school (a long, LONG, time ago). I was one of those who felt betrayed when Apple abandoned the Apple II for the Mac (I know better now). After many years using PC's (with good and bad results) I am now officially a Mac user.

I'll check back in later, I have 2000 photos to go through.

The software and firmware updates do take a while, but it's worth it. i let mine sit and i go watch tv.

I too have an iMac 20" and its aweome! I've been having a ton of fun with it ever since i got it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
I just got my 20in iMac 6 days ago!

It picked up my wireless mouse and keyboard straight away, no need for USB Mouse etc. Then hooked into my wireless connection and downloaded all the updates. I just went and started finishing off the closing of my era with PC's! Deleted the final files, e-mail accounts and saying a fond farewell to MS Vista beta.

The screen really does blow you away when you see it and turn it on.

I am still learning nearly a week later I'm finding new things every day. Spent yesterday importing my outlook stuff from my PC, which took some time.

I'm really enjoying learning about this system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
OneWorld22 said:
I just got my 20in iMac 6 days ago!

It picked up my wireless mouse and keyboard straight away, no need for USB Mouse etc. Then hooked into my wireless connection and downloaded all the updates. I just went and started finishing off the closing of my era with PC's! Deleted the final files, e-mail accounts and saying a fond farewell to MS Vista beta.

The screen really does blow you away when you see it and turn it on.

I am still learning nearly a week later I'm finding new things every day. Spent yesterday importing my outlook stuff from my PC, which took some time.

I'm really enjoying learning about this system

It took me a little bit to get used to OS X. But let me tell you, I LOVE IT :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
And I've had incredible fun with Garage band!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
congratulations! it will take a little getting used to at first but it is a pretty easy to use system.

please remember that the forum has a search function and it is to be used by everybody. before you post a new thread asking a question do a very good forum search for your answer. if you can not find exactly what you are looking for you will be more educated because of what you have just read

-chris

Reaction score
The 15inch screen size blew me away when I opened my Mac.

I had no idea 15 inches would look so big.

I feel your excitment. It only gets better

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.