• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Keynote Up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
The keynote is up on apple.com!!

===
link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
It may just be my computer here at work, but I am getting no audio. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
im not getting anyhting prob. due to a high amount of people!

M

menace3054

is there anyway to download it firsT?? its soo choppy and lagged i couldnt make out the commecial

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
nope can't download it

M

menace3054

apple needs to get more bandwidth, i closed it because it was laggy and havent gotten to see it again since :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
i feel your pain brotha!

Reaction score
It seems alright now, i just watched it and well, I want Leopard!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
i cant watch it

Reaction score
Anything interesting besides the Mac Pro? Does Leopard have anything truly worthwhile or is it going to be like the previous 2 versions of OS X?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
well I guess some top secret functions... but heres a start.

Reaction score
Blacksburg, VA - home of System X, making your pow
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 DA 466 MHz
Yeah I can't watch it either. Tried first on my pc and figured apple had specially designed the video to fail with the windows version of quicktime. No luck on the mac either, unfortunately...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
this is driving me crazy i want to see this !!!! aghhhhhhhh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Got it here... audio went a little out of sync... but still good enough to enjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Its choppy here too.

Either dropping video frames or the audio stops every 5 seconds.

I'm going to see if there isn't a way to download it...
You can download the movie trailers somehow....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That only gives you the referrer file.

The actual link is:

rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1413/1_h264_110/1a1a1ae656c632970267e04ebd3196c428970e7ce857b81c4aab1677e445aedc3fae1b4a7bafe013/wwdc_2006_1_110.mp4

But I can't get it downloaded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
I watchedit last night, quite choppy at times but it ran through in the end....

New features in leopard look really great. The core animation stuff they showed was fantastic and done in so little code comapred to a standard screen saver he showed...

He was able to flip through his album covers in a format that looked like it came straight out of an MTV video or something. You presumably could scroll through your rolders, docs and pics like that as well...A really innovative way of browsing your files.

Spaces I really like, a brilliant idea of dividing your screen into relevant apps.

And the time machine demo was really awesome, this will change the whole back up procedure across the industry.

Some may have been dissapointed with this keynote because it didn't introduce a dramatic, new piece of hardware or a big "shock" but for Mac users it was awesome to see what Leopard will look like and all the functions we can look forward to.

The e-mail stuff I will really use in work and at home...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I liked everything as well, but spaces isn't really that big of a deal IMO. It's just virtuedesktops built-in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Watched it fine over here not a single drop out or lag the whole way through, which is odd considering I run on a 256Kbit connection.

All I have to say about Leopard is WOW!

I saw the list of features on the website and was a little skeptical but when shown just how they work they absolutely flawed me. Personally this is now a must upgrade when it touches down although there are a lot of feature that many can live without though.

I am going to ABUSE Webclip, core animation is going to make OSX apps like a god compared to what Vista is turning out. They are really going head first against Vista this time around and the comparison they had was brilliant, I've found my new fave PR guy and his accent just made it.

Mail is looking cool and now I have a real reason to finally start using iChat. As for Spaces, I agree it is just like Virtuedesktops but it will be nice to have it running at a system level it may use a little less resources and that's always a bonus.

The number one feature though was Time machine, that is really something. The best I've had with any app like that was Wayback on the PC and it only work at a system wide level and not file level, it really is an inspirations apps that one.

Overall another great update and one that has me hyped. Rock on Spring, I now know when to by my next machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.