Good afternoon folks....

G

Gravitystorm

Hi.I'm Rick and i'm n nooB when it comes to MAC.I'm a long time PC user & avid gamer and still build my PC's for that but I just had to have a MAC to see what all the hub-bub was about.2 weeks ago I bought a 17" iMAC w/the Intel Core Duo CPU.I am quite pleased with it so far.It's my work horse.I really like how everythings in 1 neet little compact package.I'm sure I will have a million questions about this OS and how to do this-n-that so I hope you guys dont mind.And please disregard my spelling{I love the built in dictionary}I spell everything just like it sounds....MUCH thanks....!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Congrats and have fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
Hey, welcome aboard. I switched for basically the same reason as you - curiosity, plus boredom with the whole Windows experience (besides games). However, I wouldn't switch back for anything. I DO miss some of my favorite Windows games, but I've found alternatives and substitutes, but overall I've found better, more creative ways to spend my time while computing (GarageBand, iMovie, etc.). Sounds like you won't miss the gaming thing, though. You probably have a PC or two still kicking around, plus now you can run Windows on Intel Macs (as I'm sure you've heard) if you really must.

Anyhow, hope your experience becomes as fulfilling as mine!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.