Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Reaction score
I have the wireless keyboard and mouse for my iMac. They work great, except the iMac seems to take an unusually long time to detect them when I turn them on. Has anyone else experienced this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
Le Fumeur said:
I have the wireless keyboard and mouse for my iMac. They work great, except the iMac seems to take an unusually long time to detect them when I turn them on. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have both, recently purchased/installed, and have not found this. Detection upon set-up very fast for each. Now, after that one-time set-up, both come up along with the machine without any delay at all from cold start-up or coming out of sleep.

I leave mine on all the time. Do you switch yours off when away from the machine?

Wondering about this, I did this experiment: I turned the iMac all the way off and switched keyboard and mouse off. Then switched on keyboard and mouse and turned the machine on. Everything came up fine. Both devices operated normally as soon as the machine's OS was ready.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.