Yey, my macbook finally arrived

C

catmonkey

hi all. well after waiting a little over a weak it finally arrived this morning. i woke up to it being placed in my room by my mum! well what can i say i am so pleased to get rid of my dell inspiron 6000d and windows! i have only been using it for a couple of hours but already feel like i have always been using os x, its so easy but if i have problems i wont hesitate to post here! Mine is a week 31 system and i have found none of the problems i have read so much about, and it is not that much hotter than my dell which i dont mind as finally i have a notebook where the fan isnt on all the time!

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Congrats. & Welcome to Macworld!

OP
C

catmonkey

problem with msn

Hi again, i have a problem with msn and the disks it places on the desktop. everytime i restart my macbook the disk dissapears and msn wont open, i have to go into finder - applications and open it from there as in the dock there is a ? mark over the msn logo, how can i stop this?

thanx in advance

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You didn't install the program properly. When you downloaded MSN it put a White Disk on the desktop. Open that disk image and drag the MSN program into your Applications folder. From there you can drag that icon to the dock

OP
T

tlck9

Problems with MSN Messenger mail

Hi I get problems with MSN, opens great as MSN messenger but then if I click mail icon it tells me it cant open my mail, takes me to an error page, but when I click the MY MSN it opens up the main homepage and can access it form there.

Just really time consuming, as I have to wait up to 5 minutes to open my hotmail.

Had the same problem as you, but ended up having to re-install about twice before it worked - perhaps I was doing it wrong form the start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
gotta love that new mac smell!

OP
C

catmonkey

problems!

hi again all! First of all i would like to say thanx to you all for your welcome especially totrpnmonkey41 for helping me with msn. lol yea i love the new smell. i have noticed a few problems with my macbook, but none of them bother me much so if there is no fix ill live with it. first of all it has the mooing problem. as far as i know there is no fix, but if apple release a fix for it is it likely to be a software update or will it have to go back to apple and be fixed? also i have noticed that sometimes the num lock green light will flicker fast with a dull glow untill i press it twice to turn it on and off again, has anyone else experianced this? is there a fix?

i can live with these problems as they dont affect my usage of the computer and especially because i dont want to send it away!

thanx, Mike

Reaction score
I agree, the new Mac smell is better than the new car smell. Congrats on the new Mac. I'm at work on a pc laptop , the fans are on :eek:)

OP
C

catmonkey

i hate fans now! and im loving my macbook more and more

now i have my macbook and the fan only comes on (not that i can hear it unless i put my ear to the keyboard) when im doing video editing or playing a game i cant stand it when i use a pc laptop and the fan will just not shut up! they irritate me now. i think in total over 2 days of constant use the fan has come on about 3 times for short periods.

I have shown it to my family and they all think it is great and want one now, especially my grandparents who run a video filming/editing company. This comuter is still amazing me and i can safely say i am never going to buy a windows computer ever again nor will i install it on any mac i have if i can avoid it!

btw i loved the keynote presentation when they were taking the mick out of the fact vista is just copying tiger, so true. i cant wait untill mac os x 10.5, especially for time machine, that impressed me so much

Oh and i think i have found out what the whine noise is people are going on about, my old dell used to make the same noise so nothing new to me, i guess existing mac users are just used to perfection which isnt a bad thing and now ive switched over i guess ill start expecting the same

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.