Feedback/ideas for switcher site

S

stbain

Greetings Switchers,

I just started a new website dedicated to helping people switch from Windows to Mac, and I'm looking for comments/suggestions. I'd appreciate any input and also some ideas as far as content and information that potential switchers would like to see. The site is set up as a blog (didn't feel the need to replicate the function of forums like this one), so ideas for articles/pages are welcome.

You can find the site at http://youneedtoswitch.org/

-- Stu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Looks good to me, but I am definitly not an avid Blog reader Well designed, simple, and honest. I like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would change the title.
Nobody "needs" to switch.
:black:

OP
S

stbain

D3v1L80Y said:
I would change the title.
Nobody "needs" to switch.

If you could see some of the absolute messes my customers have made of their home PC's, you would definitely agree that they need to switch. Spyware, AdWare, Viruses, corrupt registries, the works. I've seen some computers with all of the above! One of my customers was actually Mac user and her husband bought her a new Dell PC. When I went over to try and remove the viruses and spyware off of it (after a month of usage), I asked her why she had gone with the Dell and gotten rid of her Mac. Her response? "My husband bought this thing for me. I need to switch back to a new Mac before I go insane."

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
i would remove the word "Former" from the slogan under the title.

it sounds better if you just say "Saving one Windows user at a time"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The same can be said for new or inexperienced Mac users. It is just as easy to "screw up" a Mac. I have seen it done. :black:

My point was that nobody needs to or should "switch". There is absolutely no reason to throw out one OS for another. If someone isn't competent with computers, they are going to mess up their systems regardless of the OS it is running.
I would focus instead on any possible benefits of the Mac OS or on similar methods of acheiving a similar goal as one would with Windows. Otherwise, you give the site an extremely biased viewpoint. Comparing and contrasting the two operating systems (Mac and Windows) gives your site a more professional, more informative, more positive and overall a much more credible feel to it.
Calling it "you need to switch" only makes it sound like another bashing site (especially with the 'saving Windows users' subtitle)... and there are plenty of those out there already.

P.S. :
Perhaps you know someone who is constantly having problems with spyware, virii, adware?
It is actually viruses, not virii.

OP
S

stbain

Point taken. I definitely don't think everyone needs to switch (heck, even I use Windows for some of my computers), but I could see where someone who just glances at the site one time would think it is "Yet Another Windows Bashing Site" (YAWBS?). Perhaps I do need to tone it down just a bit ;)

The Youneedtoswitch.org was a kneejerk reaction domain I registered as soon as I came up with the concept. I'll look around and see what I can find as far as alternative for domains/names. Any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.