Audio Interface for Multitracking

R

Rock Hardwell

I browsed the forums a bit to see if I could find any suggestions, but failed to find any.

Since I got my macbook in June, I have been running a Behringer 6 track mixer through my audio input and recording with Garageband. This gets the job done if I'm not looking to record multiple tracks simultaneously, but I will be putting a home studio together and I'm going to need something bigger, especially since I will be recording drums.

I'm not too familiar with interfaces, but I have come across a few that seem like they would suit my needs. I am looking for something that allows me to mulitrack record AND use to control the tracks in whatever program I decide to use while I'm mixing my songs.

These are some of the things I was looking at:
Phonic Helix Firewire Interface
Alesis Multimix Firewire Interface

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Both will w ork, I would go with the phonic helix firewirei interface, that is the one I was looking at a while ago, since then decided that I could continue to mix with my mouse and I was going to upgrade other things, but I am going to eventually get the switcher. I think its a good product the only reason I don't have it is because I do more video and wanted to upgrade the video portion for now before I add things for audio that I can do with my mouse, the mixer only saved time did not improve quality that much for me to buy that first. But it is my advice that you buy that one. Maybe somebody else here who does more audio will also be able to recommend a product.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.