• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How Apple Could Eclipse the Home Theater Market

T

TMelcher

Anyone else feel like Apple has a lot of wasted potential with Front Row and could really gain a lot by releasing a true Media Center PC? It wouldn't be too hard to modify the Mac Mini to have an internal, integrated-into-Front-Row TV tuner and a larger hard drive (because for a MCPC to be effective, in my opinion, it would need to be upgradeable to at least 300 GB).

They could couple its release with a widescreen video iPod, larger HD Cinema displays, higher-resolution iTunes video downloads, and more full-length movies, and Apple could easily take over the home theater market in a matter of months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Don't give up on Apple yet. They have made it clear that they are interested in this market and their may be some new stuff coming this week in this area. Apples approach has been a bit different than that of MS, but don't think that they are not working on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
my guess is that apple will have some sort of media center out before christmas
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.