Selecting Text - Shift-PGDN not working??

Reaction score
I send alot of email on Gmail's site. I like to trim up my quoted text to keep the messages short. I also use alot of message forums and do the same thing there. I'm using Camino as my web browser. The problem I'm having is I can't select text quickly. PgUp and PgDn don't work at all, might as well not even have them on the keyboard. Home and End don't seem to work either. I can go down to the text I want, hold down the left arrow button forever to get to the beginning of the line, since Home won't work, then I hold down Shift, and have to hold down the down arrow till I get to the bottom of the message, since the PgDn keys don't work either..
What's the deal? Is it the web browser? (Haven't really tried it anywhere else)..

Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz
OS 10.4.7
Apple Wireless Keyboard

Former Windows user just feeling a bit aggravated about minor things like this.. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you have to go into system settings and change sopmething about the keyboard. i am not near my mac so i cant tell you what exactly it is. you can always use the apple+fn key + the down or up arrow for page up or down., i believe that is what you are looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i am 90% positive i just tried what you wanted to do in safari and it worked. might have something to do with either your browser or the operation of your pg down and pg up keys
-chris

OP
U
Reaction score
Yeah.. I confirmed it worked in Safari, so I emailed the Camino people, and it's a known bug.. Joy..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I've noticed that camino and firefox both have an odd interpretation of the pgup/pgdn keys. I think it's something to do with the Gecko port to OS X rather than either browser specifically, although gecko errors would put it in the Mozilla Foundation's remit to fix ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.