mac book??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hackintosh ,Quad, Editing Machine
so i went to my local apple store with my buddie , and bang the mac book is calling my name, so i go check it out , screen is amazing, but i noticed , to of the books on the desks have the spinning beach ball running constantly, locked up, so it made me kind of scared to get one,, maybe i'll wait til the 2nd gen books drop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.8Ghz 60Gig 512MB
I have no problems here don't forget floor models are the of the industry everyone poneys up for a ride...

don't let something like that scare you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Yeah for the most part Mac's do not have that problem. As stated above remember that the floor models endure a lot worse than you are likely to subject your own laptop to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
NikBhat said:
Yeah for the most part Mac's do not have that problem. As stated above remember that the floor models endure a lot worse than you are likely to subject your own laptop to.

This is very true, they get hit and everybody opens programs on them to test them out, people will stop in there to check their e-mail, etc. You also have to rememeber that these computers are left on for the entire time that the store is open. The only thing that these computers do not endure that you might occasionaly inflict (spelling?) on the computer is dropping off of a slipery surface, airplane turbluance, and carrying it around, but a new macbook will perform alot better then the floor models in most cases.

OP
ThaXStank
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hackintosh ,Quad, Editing Machine
i know the stability of osx ,but i was worried about first gen hardware, yeah i'm sure every redneck family is like wow purdy and messing with them and inflict's some damage, i just want the power of my g5 powermac , in a more mobile form , but has never let me down

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
The macbooks you will be buying now are far from First gen. All of the major problems you would run into have been corrected...And anything that may come up will be covered by Apple. (They have adressed and fixed the discoloration issue. However, if by some chcance you find your Macbook discoloring, they will replace the discoloring parts for you.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.