Leopard w/ Boot Camp release date

O

Oranges

Can anyone tell me if the release date has been announced for the new version of Leopard that has Boot Camp? Also, with this new version of Leopard will Boot Camp (or whatever they are going to call it) be a full release and supported by Apple?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Leopard's launch date is yet to be announced. Bootcamp is going to come with Leopard, not a beta. And Monday is WWDC, so there major things are going to be announced.

And also use the search feature you will find a lot of stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yeah, leopard preview at the wwdc monday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Graphite said:
yeah, leopard preview at the wwdc monday.

Can't wait till the vid is online. Love watching Jobs' keynote speeches. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Mini with LG Flatron 20" widescreen LCD
quicksilver said:
Can't wait till the vid is online. Love watching Jobs' keynote speeches. :black:

What website is best to use to see this video of the WWDC on Monday.

OP
M

menace3054

quicksilver said:

yea especially when he announces that theyre replacing everything you just bought lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
menace3054 said:
yea especially when he announces that theyre replacing everything you just bought lol

yeah, I know the feeling...But that's alright, we all know that our technology will be "old" in a few months, and there's always the risk it will be "old" in just a few days. Apple has to keep stuff out there so they can keep us drooling! Jobs is very entertaining, he does a great job at getting people excited!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
twdawson said:
What website is best to use to see this video of the WWDC on Monday.

Umm... apple's website?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
well, we all know technology will be old, but jobs really screws you when you cant upgrade your hardware because they decide to solder in the CPU's into certain systems.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Mathiau said:
well, we all know technology will be old, but jobs really screws you when you cant upgrade your hardware because they decide to solder in the CPU's into certain systems.......

First of all, there are advantages to soldering in a CPU... it improves the pin connections, it's more stable, dust isn't going to be a problem, etc.

"Jobs" isn't out to screw us any more than Bill Gates is. In fact, one could argue that preventing users to modify the main elements of macs is one of the Macintosh's strengths. The real strength of OS X is that it is only installed on specific hardware. Unlike Microsoft, it doesn't have to include drivers that are supposed to work with a huge number of 3rd party add-ons. And...to clarify, I know that Microsoft isn't a hardware manufacturer, but I think the OS comparison is valid. I think you will find that most hardware developers will operate in a similar way.

95% of computer users do not know what is in their computer, and do not care. They only will see the sticker on it at the store that says "fast 3.0ghz processor" and won't ask any questions beyond that. And, if you ask how many of them have considered upgrading that, or even know that it is possible to upgrade the CPU, most won't.

Also, I believe that there are NUMEROUS CPU upgrades available for many mac models. Sure, there might be a system here and there where there isn't one available, but overall, you're pretty safe. Of course, I always go against these upgrades anyways, since they tend to cost too much in comparison to the value of the computer. You're better off selling what you have, and putting the money into something newer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
it improves the pin connections, it's more stable, dust isn't going to be a problem, etc.

i dont belive that one bit - i have never had a CPU come out of the socket, ever and i have never heard of people's CPU's falling out of the sockets - laptops or desktops. A well applied heatsink will keep that CPU in place and that is ontop of the well designed socket for holding in the CPU, why most laptops i have seen have the heatsink screwed in. Do you not think cpu socket makers like Foxxconn dont test for this.

And why would dust be a problem in the cpu ? soldered or not, your points are completly invalid, and if they were valid, why not solder in the cpu in ALL of their systems? not just certain ones?

There is one reason why they did this, and previously did it in most of their system i recall in the older G days. - they do not want you to upgrade the CPU, instead they want you to buy an entire new system, this has always been a problem with apple, your upgrade path is always been minimal and lmited to only what Apple wants you to use or upgrade to, since Apple is in the software and OEM market, this does allow them to have greater control of their products and likely results in cheaper costs for support for people who's system died because of some poorly written 3rd party application / drive.

They have gotten much MUCH better, yes, but why solder it in, there is NO valid reason except they do not want people to upgrade (those who would know how) to change it out and get a cheap upgrade vs buying a entirely new laptop. I know it is a small market, but that %5 is %5 more market share which = considerable profit when you consider %5 of the computer market who own's a mac and wants to do their own upgrades.

Sure MS let's in so many 3rd party companies (the reason why Windows becomes unstable), and i like to have a large selection, if Windows closed it's doors to companies and ran in the model that Apple does, it would be just as stable in terms of hardware not failing and software not crashing. MS can learn alot from Apple in how to better it's policy for allowing developers to code for windows and they need to be alot more strict about it, if apple let their doors open like MS, then Apple would become windows in terms of stability and downtime.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.