Another question!

T

todd51

Hey I figured I would post this before I go to work really quick. I would like to know a decent widget I could download for my MBP that will display my CPU temp. I tried one but it didn't work, it just had a solid line like it couldn't read the temperature. Thanks!

OP
T

todd51

I use iStat Pro

Yea, I use that too for my CPU usage, HDD space, and Memory, but it doesnt' have any readings for the CPU temp. I'm guessing it's becuase my MBP is Intel based? Whereas yours isn't?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
When you've installed Coreduo temp it should give you the same readings in iStat as well...(it relies on that framework being installed I believe).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
One feature I like about CoreDuoTemp is that it can be set to have no open window, but instead display the temperature 'live' in the dock. This means i can easily monitor it.

The reason some temperature applications appear to 'flatline' is because the sensor system fundamentally changed with the intel architecture. Many of the existing widgets still rely on the old PPC system and haven't converted to supporting both new and old.

Of course, CoreDuoTemp only works for .. well ... Core Duos :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.