• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MacBook Pro Latch Broke!!!

Reaction score
Should I take it into the apple store? or are they just going to tell me I need to ship it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
They should be able to ship it for you if you drop it off there. Either way, it will get sent out for repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
They might be able to order the parts and fix it for you in the store. I had to get a new logic board, airport, jumpers, and a thermal mod assembly, and they fixed it all in store. Either way, if you are close, I would take it to the apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
taseal said:
how long would that take to get fixed? just curious

that sucks that it happened but everything has the chance of breaking on anything you buy. repair time if sent out will probably be about a week. in store should be no more than an hour or so

-chris

OP
M
Reaction score
They told me I would have to wait 3 hours before someone could talk to me about it. I am going to try again tomorrow. I guess like 13 people with broken macbooks walked in right before me.

OP
M
Reaction score
taseal said:
how long would that take to get fixed? just curious

They claim 10 days.

They sent it away but they also said they might not fix it because it is 'within tolerance' since it technically does latch, even though the slightest bump will open it up.

OP
M
Reaction score
The laptop is back in less than a week and the entire bottom of the Mac Book Pro was replaced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.