Another Switcher Who's A Virgin to Mac

Reaction score
Well I just bought my new MacBook online today and I'm fareaking pumped. The only thing I'm worried about is the wait time. It seems like a lot of you fine people have had to wait a lot longer then estimated ship and delivery times. I mean I don't really care how long it takes, just as long as I get to put my hands on a real computer. I've been trying to do as much research about OS X and I'm looking to buy a good book on it. Any ideas? :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
DaveMyles said:
Well I just bought my new MacBook online today and I'm fareaking pumped. The only thing I'm worried about is the wait time. It seems like a lot of you fine people have had to wait a lot longer then estimated ship and delivery times. I mean I don't really care how long it takes, just as long as I get to put my hands on a real computer. I've been trying to do as much research about OS X and I'm looking to buy a good book on it. Any ideas? :mac:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/macxtigermm/

Any missing manual books are great reads. They flow very well, you can pick them up and read them all the way through or return to them with specialized questions once you get your mac.

Hope that helps, I know I did a lot of reading waiting for my computer to come in :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
DaveMyles said:

Actually my wait time has been far shorter than what I have been told.
Exactly 5 days earlier to be precise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I got my computer a few days before it was supposed to be here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Gotta love that.

Reaction score
Estimated Date was November 26th 2005 for me. As many here know, It came on the 21st - my 18th Birthday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
I was due to receive mine on July 3 and actually received it on the 11th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Most people report recieving their 'book a few days prior to the expected date. Be sure to check out the search function as well ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.