Microsoft Outlook

A

Annie

I am going to get Office for my mac - I also use a Dell PC (have to) and have outlook on it. Is there a way to use Outlook on both and to get the same emails on both? Meaning if I want to check my email I could go to either computer? I just had trouble with my PC again! and my email account disappeared. I luckily did a sys restore and got it back but it got me thinking (since this has happened before) if I could get email on my mac if my email on my pc went down or can I just get it in one place - pc or mac. Hope it's not a stupid question!

Annie

OP
A

Annie

Annie said:
I am going to get Office for my mac - I also use a Dell PC (have to) and have outlook on it. Is there a way to use Outlook on both and to get the same emails on both? Meaning if I want to check my email I could go to either computer? I just had trouble with my PC again! and my email account disappeared. I luckily did a sys restore and got it back but it got me thinking (since this has happened before) if I could get email on my mac if my email on my pc went down or can I just get it in one place - pc or mac. Hope it's not a stupid question!

Annie

After a search this doesn't seem possible. :( - I think I'll use email on my mac except for the email I get from my boss which has to be on my pc - (I work at home) -

Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I know with .mac you can sync but I am not 100% sure you can sync between your Mac and a PC. http://www.apple.com/dotmac/sync.html

I could be wrong though.

Edit: Sorry just realized you want to sync your existing email account. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Annie said:
It's a POP account and I found a way to do it

Thanks!

Annie

How did you do it?

OP
A

Appleseed

You can select the option to leave message on the server... which will allow you to check mail on both clients.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook 12-inch G4 1.55ghz 80g 512mb superdrive
use entourage . which comes with mac microsoft office. i use it and its perectly fine.

Reaction score
Appleseed said:
You can select the option to leave message on the server... which will allow you to check mail on both clients.

Leaving the message on the server is a good choice and you can select the length of time before it's deleted from the server, from the Preferences of your email client.

OP
A

Appleseed

Pulse-8 said:
Leaving the message on the server is a good choice and you can select the length of time before it's deleted from the server, from the Preferences of your email client.

In my case I can, I own my own MX Server.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.