Macbook finally made it to the US

A

Annie

I ordered my macbook on July 19 - sat in China until today - finally is in Alaska!! Now hopefully that it is actually made and in transit it will be here by the August 3 date they are saying or maybe before. I have been very patient but it is running out - LOL

Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Mine went from Alaska to my house (in St Louis Missouri) in 1 day. Despite what the estimated shipping.er..estimated.

OP
A

Annie

NikBhat said:
Mine went from Alaska to my house (in St Louis Missouri) in 1 day. Despite what the estimated shipping.er..estimated.

Where do u live?? I am in TN - hopefully it will get here but probably not that fast - maybe tho!

Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Wow, my macbook made the trip from China to Southern California in 2 days.
Annie I'd give it another 2 days.
Soon you shall have your hands around your macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I live in St.Louis Missouri, not too far away from TN. It flew from Ankorage to Indianapolis, and was driven to St. Louis and delivered to me that morning. 4 days prior to the expected delivery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nik, didn't you love it when you received it earlier then expected?
I certainly did :D

OP
A

Annie

Well guess what? It left Indianapolis this morning at 3:09 a.m. - I bet I'll get it tomorrow - that'll be 2 days early - I'm getting excited now! I use to live in IL - too bad - I would probably have it now - LOL

Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 1.83ghz MBP/ 1.5gbRAM/ 250gb ext hdd/ 19" external display/ MX Laser mouse/ Sony w810 cell/
Annie said:
Well guess what? It left Indianapolis this morning at 3:09 a.m. - I bet I'll get it tomorrow - that'll be 2 days early - I'm getting excited now! I use to live in IL - too bad - I would probably have it now - LOL

Annie

Annie,
glad to see someone so excited to get their Mac. You're going to love it. One thing I always tell my customers, when you first set it up, once you get into your account, go to the system prefs and the Users panel. Create a test account. Call it Test, then just leave it alone. This is a great tool for testing problems. If you have a problem on your account, whatever it may be, if rebooting doesnt solve it, go to the test account and see if you still have that problem. If not, then you know its something local with your account. Its as easy as making a new account for yourself and moving your data over. Takes all of 5 minutes to fix.

PM me if you need more help. I'll be on ichat as [email protected] if you need help.

Bishop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz White MacBook, 1gb RAM, superdrive, 22in trinitron external monitor, 60gb internal, 300gb ext
arg, mine left china last thursday and has been to shanghai (sp?) ankorage, memphis and now it's sitting in Toronto (well, missassauga, but almost the same thing) hopefully it'll be here tomorrow :)

OP
A

Annie

Thanks so much Bishop - nice to know someone is there to help as none of my friends use a Mac. :)

Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.8Ghz 60Gig 512MB
Annie said:
Thanks so much Bishop - nice to know someone is there to help as none of my friends use a Mac. :)

Annie

Mine has been sitting in a town 45 minutes away since this morning and it says it will not be deliverd till tomorrow... :eek:neye:

OP
M

myMac

Woah! I checked the status of my package at 2am last night and it said that it was in Alaska. I wake up this morning, check the status and it says that it is ON THE TRUCK FOR DELIVERY! I have to work at two, I hope it comes soon!

OP
M

myMac

Annie- The wait is TOTALLY WORTH IT! I just got my macbook about twenty minutes ago- and I am typing on it as we speak! It is Soooooooo sweet! WOO!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlueBachas, I recieved a call from my dad at like 9 45 in the morning saying that he checked the online status and it should be delivered that morning. I was so amped I did not even carea bout not being able to sleep in. Then (i sleep in the basement where no sound reaches) I went and hung around my upstairs so I could hear the doorbell and such. Promptly at 10:30 my doorbell rang. It was a glorious day.

Reaction score
My mac took 2 days from Alaska to New Orleans but I have heard 1 day from others.

New Orleans Mail is still pretty bad from Katrina

OP
K

Katie

yes.. I'm almost positive the wait will be worth it Annie! hang in there. whenever it finally arrives, you must inform us!

Reaction score
How do you guys know all the details on the shipping and such? Like where it is coming from and where it is in the U.S? At the apple site under order status it doesn't say anything like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You get an e-mail from apple. with the tracking number of your package.
Then you go to fedex.com and track your order.

Reaction score
Well I got 2 emails from Apple one that says Apple Store Order Acknowlegement and some big number then another one that says Your Apple Invoice. Which one has my tracking number on it. Sorry for the newbie questions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.