Invisible Shield!

Reaction score
I just received it today and applied it to my Blackbook! Now the top, bottom, and wristpad area and trackpad area are glossy due to the reflective nature of the clear plastic.

Pics:

203532651_f33fd532d7.jpg

203532640_6a8d8f270e.jpg

203532633_be73c66055.jpg

203532537_7d481c43ed.jpg

203532664_0c164a2bb4.jpg

203532733_36d5541d5f.jpg

203532686_b60abbe9a0.jpg

My only issue with it is that it doesn't protect the corners on the lids, as those are the parts which are most likely to be scratched up anyways. Oh well, can't win them all!

I like how all the pieces were cut perfectly to size and the bottoms had circles cut out for where the screws, battery release, and rubber stoppers are!

A tad expensive for plastic but I pay for the piece of mind that my Mac isn't gonna be scratched up for a while!

Also... NO BUBBLES! I took my own sweet time installing it so I don't get any bubbles!

Cheers all! :black:

Reaction score
ak1nza said:
I just received it today and applied it to my Blackbook! Now the top, bottom, and wristpad area and trackpad area are glossy due to the reflective nature of the clear plastic.

Pics:

203532651_f33fd532d7.jpg

203532640_6a8d8f270e.jpg

203532633_be73c66055.jpg

203532537_7d481c43ed.jpg

203532664_0c164a2bb4.jpg

203532733_36d5541d5f.jpg

203532686_b60abbe9a0.jpg

My only issue with it is that it doesn't protect the corners on the lids, as those are the parts which are most likely to be scratched up anyways. Oh well, can't win them all!

I like how all the pieces were cut perfectly to size and the bottoms had circles cut out for where the screws, battery release, and rubber stoppers are!

A tad expensive for plastic but I pay for the piece of mind that my Mac isn't gonna be scratched up for a while!

Also... NO BUBBLES! I took my own sweet time installing it so I don't get any bubbles!

Cheers all! :black:

man, imo it kills the matte look of the macbook, which I think what makes it cool :(

I will prolly get it for my white one because its glossy anyways... lots of orange peel though :eek:

OP
A
Reaction score
The matte looks is cool I agree. But.. This is a good tradeoff for having a black Macbook and not having scratches.

It would be cool if it could still be matte and not have scratches for a long time... But alas... We can only have one and not both! :p

D

drinkmilk15

i think the gloss black looks awesome...i keep considering getting the shield

Reaction score
I noticed that the sheets had precut holes for the four rubber feet and also one for the battery lock. Mine didn't have them, I had to cut them myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
you did a very clean job. I had a lot of difficulty with my Top Shield. Its just so large and tehre are no real indications as to where the sheet should be placed, I ended up with a few small bubbles..I applied my wrist guard sheilds on the first day and by now (maybe 5 days afterwards) they look excellent with no blemishes at all. I am hoping the top shield will take care of its self as well.

OP
A
Reaction score
ripfrankwhite said:
I noticed that the sheets had precut holes for the four rubber feet and also one for the battery lock. Mine didn't have them, I had to cut them myself.

Wow... That must have been difficult to do. Mine were already pre-cut with perfect circles and they lined up perfectly. I woulda hated to have had to cut them out myself. Hope you did a good job cutting them out!

NikBhat said:
you did a very clean job. I had a lot of difficulty with my Top Shield. Its just so large and tehre are no real indications as to where the sheet should be placed, I ended up with a few small bubbles..I applied my wrist guard sheilds on the first day and by now (maybe 5 days afterwards) they look excellent with no blemishes at all. I am hoping the top shield will take care of its self as well.

I had a tough time getting it to line up right as well. I just kept on wetting the sheet over and over again and sliding it until I got it where I wanted it.

The solution that comes with the shield doubles up as a creat cleaning agent too. Just spray and wipe down with a cloth to remove any fingerprints or oil residue. :)

E

ExTrEmE

I like it, Im thinking of ordering one for my White macbook right now. I have it for all my cell phones and ipod why not a laptop? Does it cover the apple logo on the front part? does anyone think this will make the laptop run hotter since there something blocking the botom?

D

drinkmilk15

there are no vents on the bottom so i don't know why this would affect the temperature

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
does the black macbook accumulate a lot of scratches?

OP
A
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any difference in temperatures. There will be barely any effect if any at all.

Yes it does cover the Apple logo on the top part.

Regarding the question on if the black Macbook accumulates a lot of scratches... The black is actually pretty strong. I accidentally hit my corner of my Macbook (the only part not covered by the shield on the top. ARGH) on my wall, and the white wall paint actualy rubbed off the black and left no scratches at all.

Either way, mine won't accumulate many scratches! :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Core 2 Duo, 2.0 ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD
Where did you get it? I ordered mine from BestSkinsEver.com. Are they all the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
invisible shield has their own website which has links to retailers near you.
Best skins claims to be the same thing for a cheaper price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I was thinking of getting this, but I definitely am not a fan of the glossy look. I like the matte look of my Blackbook. if I wanted glossy, I would have gone with the white Macbook :bomb:

Great job on applying it so perfectly. :black:

Reaction score
Invisible Shield

I got the invisible shield for my macbook but had such a hard time with the top portion and eventually had to trash it because it got stuck to itself and when i tried to peel it, stretched awkwardly. I was annoyed but put the wrist rest pads on and the trackpad and love it. I put the the Speck clear case on my macbook and like that. I just take it off once a week to wipe it down to remove anything that gets underneath.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the invisible shield for my macbook but had such a hard time with the top portion and eventually had to trash it because it got stuck to itself and when i tried to peel it, stretched awkwardly. I was annoyed but put the wrist rest pads on and the trackpad and love it. I put the the Speck clear case on my macbook and like that. I just take it off once a week to wipe it down to remove anything that gets underneath.

Did you have your Speck case on when you applied the wrist and palm rest skins? The application instructions say to wet the skin and I don't want water to leak into the Speck case. I rather not take the case off. It took me forever to take it off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just applied the BestSkinsEver.com skins on the tap pad and palm wrests. I also have the clear Speck case. Here are some pics.

Sorry if the quality isn't so great. I used my 2.0 megapixel camera phone.

0310071151a.jpg

0310071152a.jpg

0310071152b.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.